Tave peshku is a traditional Albanian fish dish that is typically made with white fish, such as cod or sea bass, and cooked with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and herbs.
Here’s a recipe for tave peshku:
- 4 white fish fillets (cod, sea bass, or similar)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue cooking until the tomatoes have broken down and released their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine and water to the skillet and stir well.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish large enough to hold the fish fillets.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley and cilantro over the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a side salad, if desired. Enjoy!