Chocolate and peppermint are a classic combination, and these tasty cookies are no exception. This delicious recipe makes for a decadent holiday treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until combined. Add in the coconut oil, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla, and mix until a dough forms.
- Cover the mixing bowl, and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and crushed peppermint.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls and coat them in the peppermint-sugar mixture. Place the cookies ½ inch apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are cooked and have a cracked appearance. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.